Fire by hand drill

Fire by hand drill

Tuesday 29 November 2011

F1 sheath modification

Hi all,

Recently I have found myself grabbing the F1 when heading out.

It is a splendid knife with a huge fan base.

The knife comes with a choice of sheaths.

I have the fully closable leather one and the zytell one.

The zytell version features a little catch which holds the knife in place. Of course there is also a clasp to secure it too.

Recently it has not been as tight as I would like so I have added something.

A strong rubber ring which keeps the catch tight. Now the knife cannot jump out of the sheath if un clasped which is handy if you are using it a lot and don't want to keep pressing the clasp closed everytime.

Cheers

2 comments:

Fimbulmyrk said...

You can also carefully heat it with a hairdryer, push the clasp in and it´s tighter again, too.

Anyway, great knife, which I love myself. Spine´s a bit thick, but it cuts well enough for that.

Great hint, great post!

Perkunas said...

I have the F1 too, and i like it quite a lot, except for its convex bevels that i am goin to modify to scandi as soon as i get a proper grinder and belt.